Blog-tember Day 30 - Friday Favorites

Friday, September 30, 2016

Blog-tember Day 30 - Friday Favorites


Happy Friday y'all! I have loved following the Blog-tember prompts this month, they have seriously given me the push to get this blog up and running. At the same time, I'm excited to start next month with my own post ideas! Hopefully you all will love them too and it will give us all an opportunity to get to know each other better!

Now, onto my current favorites ...

one.
photo from Val Marie Paper

I Don't Do It All (& Why You Shouldn't Either) - this article. It was so good, encouraging and authentic! Val is wonderful and I really admire her walk with the Lord. I found this article so refreshing and truly gave me some relief. Val doesn't do it all and I don't have to either. She was really honest and shared that at this time in life she doesn't really volunteer. She even admitted that was hard to say because of negative feedback she could have received. That really really encouraged me! Everyone, seriously go read this!

two.

I loved Ellie Goulding's first album but I was not super into her second. However I heard this single the other day (for the next Bridget Jones' movie) and now I cannot get enough of it! I then checked out her newest album, Delirium. I love it and it reminds me a lot of her first one. If you like her stuff you need to check this out! Even if you don't like her stuff, I think you will love this single!

three.

I just finished Lara's first book Make It Happen. I was blown away by how much it kicked me in the butt (in a great way). There are so many great quotes but this one really stood out last night - 

"The work of marriage is the work of surrendering - taking giant leaps of faith and working hard every day to love on purpose."

I need this written somewhere I see it often.

four.

I LOVE this candle. It is possibly my favorite candle ever. The only way it could be better is if it was a woodwick. I smells wonderful and my house still smells like the candle hours after I have blown it out! I love when the smell lingers. I like Yankee Candles but I feel like this candle and Anthropologie candles are the only candles where the scent really lingers. Is that because they are soy? (Is that a dumb question?)

five.

Sam's mama and great Aunt Mary have been visiting this past week. We loved having them! You know when someone you love is just glowing from happiness? That was Sam this past week. He (and I) loved having his mama here! Aunt Mary and Ms. Susie stayed at our place one night which made them our first house guests! We also did a lot of antiquing with them. Can we all just live in the same place!?

six.
both photos from What Kate Wore

I am giddy about the royal tour in Canada right now! I really love the Charlotte and George are there too! I love all of Kate's outfits but the red and white one above and the white one she wore today are my favorites so far! 

What are you favorite outfits of hers so far? 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!