Blog-tember Day 3 - Summer Favorites

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Blog-tember Day 3 - Summer Favorites

I never want summer to end. I think that is possibly the best thing about being an "adult" (aka not a student) because summer does not have to end until it is too cold to go to the pool. So I like to think that now summer doesn't really start until mid-October. However, it's hard to argue that the Pumpkin Spice Latte release does not signify the start of fall.

I think it's safe to say this summer has been the BEST EVER. I am not sure we will ever be able to beat it, but I am okay with that. Now onto the top 5 best things that happened this summer -

best summer & best wedding party





1. We got married! I think this was a pretty obvious number one. I married the best man, friend, husband I could have imagined. He exceeds my expectations daily and being married to him is the best. My favorite part of marriage - seeing him every morning and every night. I love knowing I'm going to see him every day.

eat, drink, nap, repeat

2. Our Honeymoon! It was aaamazing. We stayed at Excellence Playa Mujeres. The resort was beautiful, food delicious and drinks fun! We had the best time on our first vacation with just the two of us for a whole week. We were so incredibly lazy and it was wonderful. I honestly thought I was going to cry when we left! 


3. Sisters! I now have two sisters. If you were born with sisters then you will not understand. I love my brother and he is one of my absolute best friends, but obviously sisters are a little different. I have two permanent, lifelong best friends who cannot get rid of me even if they tried! I watched my Mom-Mom dancing at our wedding with her sisters and I thought one day this will be me and my sisters. #okaynowimcrying #alreadythinkingaboutbrantsweddingstop

I have the most beautiful friends!

4. Bachelorette Party! I mean ... a weekend with my best friends where everyone has to do whatever I want and I eat a lot of Doritos and drink whatever I want so ... obviously best weekend ever. It's also so fun to be with all your best friends at one place together. So many different people who know me in such different way - I love seeing them all together!

Cindy's || rooftop bar drinks!

5. Chicago! Jesse and I were in Chicago the week before my wedding and we had the best time. We walked all around the city and basically went on an eating and drinking tour. We have so much fun together and love doing the same things (eating, drinking, running). It was such a great time in a beautiful city with my brother and extra sweet that it was right before the wedding! I'm really hoping to go back to Chicago soon.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your wedding and honeymoon! It looked beautiful and you’ll cherish those photos forever :) I’ve never been to Chicago but have always wanted to so you’ll have to share all the must-see and do places around town ;) Visiting from the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I can definitely share what we did while there! I think we got a lot accomplished in our two days! It's so beautiful being on Lake Michigan! It felt like a very clean city too!

      Delete
  2. What a fun summer with all your wedding festivities! I got married last October so we are coming up on 1 year of marriage and I still absolutely love seeing him every day too, especially since we were long distance for quite some time before getting married. I sometimes pinch him and ask if this is real life, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Congrats on almost being 1 year! That's so exciting! And I feel the same! I am constantly wondering how we are actually married it's such a dream! :)

      Delete
  3. Yes! I got married this summer too and it made for the best summer ever! I want to rewind and do it again so I am sure you do too. Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Summer has always been my favorite and I think getting married in the summer reinforces that!

      Delete