Blog-tember Day 21 - Why I Started a Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Blog-tember Day 21 - Why I Started a Blog


I started my blog this month and I have been thinking Why. Why did I start this blog? What am I hoping to get out of it? I wanted to get some thoughts out here and hopefully this initial brain dump will help give me more direction with the blog.

The past few years I have learned so much from others' blogs. They have become a source for me to be challenged in my faith, accepting of my body image, get ideas for simplifying my life, learn more about the world and read honest product reviews! I have spent so much time reading blogs and I have loved every minute of it! Checking blogs are one of the first things I do in the morning and I am always disappointed when my favorites don't have a new update. 

Partially I want to write my own blog because reading others' blogs is one of my favorite hobbies! I want my own blog to be a hobby of mine too! I like the idea of it being a way for far away family to keep in touch with what is going on in our life. I love using Project Life for memory keeping, but blogging is in someways easier and can contain higher volumes of information. I have a very basic understanding of HTML, I like playing around with it and I'm excited to be able to do it more with my blog.

I hope to inspire, encourage and challenge others. There was a point in my life that I felt like God may have been calling me to public speaking, which is terrifying and I am not really sure what exactly the calling meant or maybe it was nothing. But one summer I had gave a few talks to a groups of women and I loved it. I was thinking the other day that maybe this blog can/will be the start of that calling.

I am hoping to meet and build a community through blogging. So many of you have already blessed my life in big ways! Hopefully there is something I will share here that will bless others. I also hope that blogging will help me process my own thoughts and make me a better writer. I try to journal every day and I love the additional outlet of blogging!

Thank you all for bearing with me! Now it's your turn - why did you start your blog?


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!