Blog-tember Day 23 - Family Recipe

Friday, September 23, 2016

Blog-tember Day 23 - Family Recipes

my mama is the sweetest

I all honesty I have never made this recipe before, but I am very excited to make it once the cold weather hits. My mom makes this at least once a winter and I looove it! The flavor is great and it's so good leftover too! I'm not sure where the original recipe is from because I don't think it's our families. It may be McCormick? I promise it will not disappoint!

My Mom's Beef Stew Recipe ...
Heat oven to 325.

Mix:
1 can (16 ounces) crushed tomatoes
2/3 cup dry red wine or water
1/2 cup beef broth
1/4 cup quick cooking tapioca
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (or other herb blend)
2 teaspoons salt
2 small bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Stir in:
3 pounds cubed lean boneless beef chuck

Add:
1 pound baby carrots
4 large ribs celery cut in one inch chunks
3 medium onions, peeled and quartered

Cover and bake about 3 hours, stirring twice, until meat is tender and sauce is thickened. Discard bay leaves before serving or refrigerating. Serves 8.

This is best if made a day or two ahead of time and reheated before serving. You can also add mushrooms and/or a 10 ounce bag of frozen peas before serving. (I also separately cooked 4 cubed potatoes and added them to the stew when I re-heated)

Enjoy! I cannot wait to read all your recipes!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!