What I'm Reading : September

Thursday, October 6, 2016




Looking back at my Goodreads account it took me two months to read Voyager. Yikes! But since finishing Voyager the last week of September I've read two more books! I have 18 of my 25 books read for the year so I am just about on track to meet my goal! 



Voyager by Diana Gabaldon - This is the third book in the Outlander series. I really love this series but this was probably my least favorite so far, but it was still so good! My only complaint was that the second half of this book felt like every thing that could go wrong went wrong. Not in a sad way but just in a somewhat unbelievable way (I guess a lot of the book is unbelievable but do you know hat I mean?). Regardless I highly recommend this series (this is also the most tame of the series but in general I would say they are R-rated). 


Make It Happen by Lara Casey - I have already talked about this book in my Friday Favorites so you know I loved the book! It challenged me in the best way. I am now working through the workbook at the end of the book. I was surprised by how fast I read it. I thought I knew most of Lara's story but there is so much more of it in the book. Throughout the chapters there are a lot of questions that you are supposed to write out your answers for right away. I am not sure I will ever be able to lend out my book because I wrote all in the margins. (This was a good book to read not on the Kindle.)


Pretty Girls by Karen Slaughter - I love thriller/mysteries (Gone Girls, Girl on the Train, Robert Galbraith's books). Pretty Girls had a lot of great reviews and was said to be similar to Girl on the Train. I did really like this book and couldn't put it down but ... it was pretty rough. The murder is pretty gruesome and they talk about is so. many. times. I was really enjoying the book but there were a few points, right towards the end, where I thought about stopping because it was a lot. I would love any other thriller book recommendations!

Currently reading...


My mom highly recommended Bel Canto and I started reading The Power of a Praying Wife before we got married... but then I stopped reading it. I'm excited to start again. I am working on focusing more on prayer this month and I think this will help.

What all have you been reading? Give me your recommendations!  




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!