Show & Tell Tuesday: What Makes Me "Me"

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday: What Makes Me "Me"


one of my favorite pictures of me!

Today I'm linking up with Momfessionals for Show & Tell Tuesday! I am excited about today's prompt because my blog is still pretty new and I want to introduce myself more to you! I also want to know what makes you "you"!


one. I am obsessed with European royalty, which I may have mentioned before. I love reading historical fiction about them (Philippa Greggory is my favorite! Give me any recommendations if you have them.). I find them fascinating... I probably definitely wish I was royalty. I love their clothes, tiaras and carriages. I love reading all the different opinions on what happened in the past among them. I want all of my family portraits to look like their's. Seriously their portraits were the inspiration for this ...


Did we get close? I spend way too much time researching them and telling my friends about them. My friends liked to challenge me to explain Anne Boleyn's story in less than a minute. I got pretty good at it.

two. I have a huge fear of rodents! This mostly started two years ago when I was sleeping in my bed, heard a rustling in my closet, thought to myself "surely it's nothing", then turned on my light and saw a mouse dart across my room. (My roommate had to rescue me by giving me her rain boots, coaxing me to jump off my bed and inviting me to sleep in her room.) Ever since then I have had a lot of anxiety about rodents and sleep even worse at night (I have never been a great sleeper). Over time it has become better, but now we live in an older house in the city and I'm scared I will see a mouse in our bedroom. I know it is silly but when I'm lying in bed at night and hear any noise my heart starts to race. We have a box fan running at night to help drown out any random noise which helps!


three. I am very close to my family, I love them so much! My parents and brother are some of my favorite people to spend time with and I love my in-laws. My whole family is very close and we all value family time. I hope our future family is just as close. I often assume all families are close but I know that's not true. I am blessed to have a family that loves the Lord and each other!

my trip to Italy

four. I love to travel. I am constantly dreaming and planning trips to new places, even though most of them don't happen I love planning them! I hope there is more travel in our future and want to make travel a priority for our future family. I think our family vacations growing up are one of the reasons I'm so close to my family.

Hunger Games party - everyone dress like their district or a character!

five. I am a nerd. I love to read. I love fantasy and science fiction. I love hosting themed parties and making all my friends dress up as characters. Sam recently started reading the Harry Potter books and it makes my heart happy. In college I hosted a Hunger Games party. I dream of hosting an annual Yule Ball/Christmas Party in the future. One time in college a friend called with a Star Wars questions which I promptly answered, her reply "I knew you'd know. Okay bye!". I definitely get very excited about books and movies. One thing that made me immediately interested in Sam was a conversation where we were both geeking out about Game of Thrones!

What makes you "you"? Share your show & tell posts!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!