January Recipe Recaps

Thursday, January 26, 2017

I have to start this out by saying I am so proud of myself for how much I have cooked this week. I have stayed on top of meal planning and making my grocery lists. My Simplified Planner has also helped because it always "asks" what you are heating for dinner. Eating at home has really helped us with both our budget and staying under my calorie count. It has also been so fun and I am definitely becoming more confident in the kitchen and a better cook! We had some really yummy meals this month!


Skinnytaste One Skillet Chicken with Bacon and Green Beans


Recipe here This was delicious! It's also Whole 30 approved, which I wasn't doing but I was (theoretically) doing a sugar fast the first week of the year so I looked for Whole 30 recipes to cook. Sam also loved this recipe. It was delicious leftovers and pretty simple to put together. I had never cooked raw green beans in a pan before but it was super easy. I think I cooked it a little more than the recipe called for to make sure the green beans were too crunchy.

Skinnytaste Quick Garlic-Lime Marinated Pork Chops

Recipe here This was a really easy and simple recipe and also Whole 30. Sam liked this. I don't know ... maybe I am not sure crazy about pork chops? Maybe I was too worried about under cooking them? I thought the chops were a little tough and overall just okay.

Skinnytaste Turkey Taco Spaghetti Squash Boat

Recipe here This became the week of spaghetti squash. Lots of flavor and pretty easy! I barely cut the squash and then put it in the microwave for a minute or two. This helped with cutting it a lot! Although I then had to let it cool down a bit. Cutting spaghetti squash is so hard! (Is it just me!?) This was also very good leftover.

Skinnytaste Spaghetti Squash with Meat Ragu

Recipe here I've made this before and I love it. It's easy but feels so fancy. I cooked double spaghetti squash the night before to make this night easier. I've also realized I love recipes where you cook with white wine! It gives a really nice sort of tart, sort of zip - taste. I don't think "zip" can really describe taste but that's the best I can do. 

Skinnytaste Baked Ziti with Spinach

Recipe here Sam was very excited we were having a pasta recipe where pasta didn't mean spaghetti squash. The portions were huge and it definitely fulfilled that cheesy pasta craving you sometimes get. Super easy and I think this would be a dinner basically anyone would love.

Real Simple Maple-Glazed Salmon with Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Recipe here This recipe wasn't great. I don't think I cooked the salmon enough and Sam wasn't crazy about the maple/mustard glaze. The roasted brussels sprouts were really good though!

Skinnytaste Sheetpan Italian Chicken and Veggie Dinner

Recipe here This was awesome! I made it with chicken breasts inside of thighs (because I like it more and a Facebook friend said they did the same). Sam and I both loved it! The seasoning was so good and I loved the roasted veggies! Also very yummy leftover!



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!